Sunday, December 14, 2014

What is new in Security Industry?

Few years back, when I first started writing on Industrial Security, it seemed as though I was chasing a new trend every year, then every six months. I still vividly recall holding a ‘numeric pager’ in my hand totally awe-struck! It was used by NSG commandos. Soon I had my own ‘alpha-numeric pager’ thankfully supplied with gold-plated chain to secure it!
Before I could master the specifications of CCTV system based on co-axial cables, there were those with fiber-optic cables. VHS based recordings were replaced by DATs. nDVR were next big things followed by HD cameras. Soon technology became so fast-paced that old timers started showing signs of fatigue from learning new things.
Things soon settled down and now innovations are far and few. Few niches and USPs are being created based on standard and time tasted technologies. I get the question at lots of conferences: What do I see as the next big thing in security? I usually respond with just a smile! The reason is that I see absolutely nothing new, and haven't for some time. Some might say that's a cynical, jaded response. I don't think so. Security doesn't need a constant torrent of new trends to be interesting and important.
Yes, in some recent years, especially the last two or three, I've seen nothing new. It's the same old threats and the same old technological and cultural challenges. Gone are the days when I attended security conferences in hopes of catching a new trend!
There is usual excitement in the air as security professionals wait for launch of some new product or technology in some of the leading exhibitions! That has not happened for some time and it is sadly disappointing! The manufacturers choose to launch their products in countries with failing economy and falling industrial growth and ignore the robust economy and growing market. These bias needs to change soon as the developing countries have indicated that their industries also want nothing but the best and latest when it comes to security.
As I see it, we keep coming to these events in hopes of finding some new morsel of information on how to deal a little more effectively with the same old stuff.


Capt S B Tyagi, Co-founder

3 comments:

rubysmithsecurityprofessional said...

Nice informative blog thanks for sharing, now a day’s Security is really a important in parties. Hire private parties security at reasonable rate.

Unknown said...

Nice post
I appreciate this

Safety Is Number One Priority Buy Safety Products Online shop | Hodexo

Hodexo Digita India's
Digita India's Shooping Login It's Free And Alwyas
Digita India's Industrial
Safety Equipments

Unknown said...

Nice post
I appreciate this

Safety Is Number One Priority Buy Safety Products Online shop | Hodexo

Hodexo Digita India's
Digita India's Shooping Login It's Free And Alwyas
Digita India's Industrial
Safety Equipments